Sinclair Wyoming Refining Company
The employee will demonstrate safe work practices to conduct physical and chemical tests on refinery products and samples.
Primary Functions Responsibilities:
· Conduct both physical and chemical testing on fuels, asphalts, associated blend products and process samples
· Provide accurate and timely data entry of lab results for both process samples and finished product
· Read and understand all analysis procedures and safety standards in English, including ASTM method of analysis and other analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory.
· Assist in or perform analytical tests from well-defined standards and procedures as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
· Participate in proficiency testing programs in accordance with applicable standards and sound laboratory practices.
· Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment and to treat delicate lab instruments with care and respect.
· Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
· Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements and strictly follow company policies.
· Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials training and other safety and compliance training required by applicable regulations.
· During scheduled shifts, be able to work by yourself in a safety conscience manner.
· Perform at a high energy level with utmost attention to detail and results oriented attitude.
· Follow-through on commitments made to others.
· Create and maintain a neat, clean and well-organized and professional-looking work area.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Minimum Degree of a Bachelor of Science in physical sciences (chemistry preferred)
· Experience is preferred but not necessary
· Possessing good mechanical aptitude is highly desirable
For further inquires please contact:
Vince Martin, Ph.D., Laboratory Manager, 307.328.3530, firstname.lastname@example.org