Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Denver Proteomic Mass Spectrometry Shared Resource seeks candidates for a Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position. We seek a bright, energetic, motivated individual to work on analyzing biological and inorganic samples using high performance liquid-chromatography and mass spectrometry in a fee-for-service laboratory. The PRA will be expected to contribute to collaborative research efforts. Daily tasks include 1D-gel electrophoresis, protein sample preparation and digestion, protein/peptide chromatography, tandem mass spectrometry, instrument maintenance, instrument troubleshooting and minor repair, ordering supplies, database searches, data reporting, and regularly communicating with Proteomic Mass Spectrometry Shared Resource users. The PRA will be responsible for general laboratory maintenance, administrative duties, and training of new instrument users.
Preferred areas of research experience include but are not limited to biochemistry, cell biology, protein chemistry, analytical chemistry, liquid/gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, and bioinformatics.
· BS or MS in physical or life sciences.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to independently problem-solve and trouble-shoot experiments and instrumentation.
· Experience maintaining good records of research and reporting scientific findings.
· Proficiency with computer operating systems (Windows and/or Mac), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) software.
· Experience with basic bench science and biochemistry techniques.
· Experience with complex analytical instrumentation preferred. Experience operating and maintaining liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation is highly preferred.
· Experience with proteomics, protein/peptide purification and preparation of complex biological samples for mass spectrometry analysis is highly preferred.
· Proficiency with computer programming, data analysis software, and proteomics database search software (SEQUEST, MASCOT) are highly desired.
Please send curriculum vitae and three letters of reference to: Brittany Hodges University of Colorado Denver
Mail Stop 8119
P.O. Box 6511 Aurora, CO 80045