The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Analytical Lab Technician position open at our Rock Springs, WY facility.
· Conducts laboratory analysis on regular and special samples.
· Conducts analysis on check samples for quality assurance of the lab.
· Maintains reagent inventories and consumable lab supplies.
· Reviews and enters analytical data into the laboratory database.
· Assists in maintaining and updating laboratory procedures and methods.
· Performs general housekeeping and preventative maintenance to all equipment, including repairs to failed equipment.
· Develops new methods and procedures for analyzing various new components in gaseous, solid or liquid samples.
· Conducts non-routine plant testing.
· Helps train new laboratory technicians on standard analysis and assists laboratory supervisor to train qualified and experienced technicians on new methods, procedures or equipment.
· Performs special lab analysis and R&D work as required.
· Performs operator training on proper sampling techniques in all plant areas
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field and/or appropriate combination of education, experience and training
· Working knowledge of how to operate all laboratory equipment
· Proven ability to perform analytical tasks with accuracy and precision
· Capable of completing multiple analytical tasks efficiently at the same time
· Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
· Effective written and oral communication
· Demonstrated teamwork skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· Rotating shift work schedule
D.O.E. $14.00-$24.00 Salary non-exempt
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Click on “Find Jobs” button
• Click on “All open positions”
• Apply to Job ID # 833
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-878-7404.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*