Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities. Each year, 20 exceptional young social entrepreneurs are selected as YouthActionNet Global Fellows following a competitive application process. The year-long Fellowship program includes:
- A seven-day leadership retreat for twenty selected Fellows which offers dynamic peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and sharing among young visionaries
- Focus on the personal growth and leadership abilities of Fellows, in addition to providing instruction in specific skills required to manage innovative, world-changing organizations
- Year-round learning opportunities based on Fellows' individual needs and the six dimensions of leadership highlighted in the YouthActionNet® Global Curriculum: Personal, Visionary, Political, Collaborative, Organizational, and Societal.
- Networking with international and national aid agencies, NGOs, and corporate partners
- Access to potential resources to support Fellows and their projects, including volunteers, mentors, and grant opportunities
- Peer-to-peer networking throughout the year
- Training in areas such as communications planning, media outreach, message development, presentation skills, and innovative uses of new media technologies
- Access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage
- Open to all young people aged 18-29
- Applicants should be founders of existing projects/organizations, or leading a project within an organization.
- Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
- Must be available to attend full retreat, October 1-8, 2010, in Washington, DC.
Applications for the 2010 Fellowship program are due by: April 9, 2010Selected semifinalists will be notified by May 15, 2010.
The 2010 retreat will take place from October 1-8, 2010
Click here to apply online.
(Online applications are strongly preferred)
Click here to download the Word application.
Online submissions are preferred, however if necessary applicants can email, fax, or mail completed application forms to:
c/o International Youth Foundation
32 South Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21202 USA
Tel: +1 410 951 1500; Fax: +1 410 347 1188
For questions and comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org