Status Open Recruiter C. Shephard
Status Details Posted Hiring Manager: D. Reed Primary
Hired 0 out of 1
The following information will be posted externally only.
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced PhD Chemist to fill the role of a Senior Research Chemist. This position is aligned to the Polyurethanes Process R&D group located in Freeport, Texas. A critical element of the Polyurethanes R&D strategy is around the development of products to expand our offering into high-value isocyanate, polyol/prepolymer and polyurethane-based products. The primary purpose of this role is to work in partnership with Product R&D and our Polyurethane Systems personnel to develop patent enabled process technology to produce new products.
Key job responsibilitiesinclude:
- Design & develop new products and new chemistries in the laboratory
- Invention and discovery of new products from raw materials using innovative chemistry
- Develop and integrate emerging and process technologies into new product applications
- Design and conduct experiments to, solve technical challenges and problems using scientific methods and statistical analysis.
- Create and use fundamental models to validate and predict process and product performance variables in order to implement new process technology
- Improve existing products (i.e. optimization of an existing product, implement new opportunities using new or existing technology)
- Document work in a variety of formats (i.e. research notebooks, internal documents, patents, and external publications)
- Deliver technological knowledge and solutions to the Polyurethane business
PhD in Chemistry or Polymer Science is required. Experience in Isocyanates, Polyols / Prepolymers or Polyurethanes is strongly preferred. Experience with the use of scientific methods to solve complex technical problems and a proven knowledge in experimentation and modeling of complex chemistries is also preferred skill set. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate interpersonal and teamwork skills and possess proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
At Dow, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people - the Human Element - to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top tier in our industry.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations